AIDS Concern actively seeks opportunities to communicate and collaborate with the government, community and other organizations to address the discrimination faced by people living with HIV (PLHIV) in Hong Kong and safeguard the rights of them.
To reach this target, we need a dedicated and passionate person to join us as Advocacy Officer to support AIDS Concern’s advocacy and anti-stigma plans.
Key job duties:
1. Assist in organizing and coordinating AIDS Concern's advocacy plan internally and externally in line with available resources
2. Support the development of AIDS Concern's advocacy and community research in AIDS/HIV, anti-stigma topics
3. Manage advocacy activities such as meetings, conference, workshops either on line and off line
4. Assist in manage, execute and monitor timely and quality delivery of AIDS Concern advocacy and community research plans
5. Initiate proper advocacy plans in accordance with agency policy position needs and write up proposals
6. Handling any ad hoc projects as required
- Holder of a bachelor degree in a relevant discipline (Political/Public Policy, Public Health, Communications)
- Three years’ experience in programmes or advocacy
- Keen interest and commitment to advancing the rights of minority
- Excellent written and verbal communications in English are necessary
- Ability to work, communicate and advocate with a broad range of stakeholders including policymakers, government officials, NGOs, the media and community representatives
We provide a warm, friendly and motivated working environment. The right candidate will have real passion to develop a long-term career NGO setting and serve the community.
Our fringe benefits include MPF, Medical Scheme, 5-day working week, public holidays, 15-days annual leave and training opportunities.
Interest parties please prepare a CV stating your current and expected salary, availability, and write a short article on “What strategy will you apply to advocate for HIV/AIDS prevention in Hong Kong?”, then sent to Human Resource Department of AIDS Concern at email@example.com