To support AIDS Concern 5-years strategy for reaching our Triple Zero target, Policy and Advocacy Team is carrying out a scheme on promoting gay-friendly healthcare practices to the private doctors, so as to increase the LGBT community’s motivation of getting access to the healthcare services, and improving their physical health by eliminating their fear of stigmatization.
In this regard we need to seek for a dedicated and responsible candidate with genuine interest in serving the LGBT group to join us as an intern who will work for 2 months on Dr. Rainbow Scheme.
The role requires an intern who reports to the Senior Policy & Advocacy Officer to:
Perform clerical duties and research regarding the implementation of Dr. Rainbow Scheme, including but not limited to the following:
- Send invitation package to doctors
- Give phone calls to doctors and do the follow-up work of application
- Documentation of feedback and enquiries from doctors or clinics
- Arrange personal visits to doctors and encourage them to join the scheme
- Conduct community research and prepare literature reports on gay-friendly healthcare or other related issues
- Any other ad-hoc duties as required
We are seeking for candidates who have the following qualities:
- Strong passion to serve the LGBT community and open-minded
- Strong interest in doing advocacy and making positive changes to the social environment
- Excellent communication skills and courteous in telephone conversations (Experience of cold calling or telephone marketing would be a definite bonus)
- Great research skills and organizational skills
- Proficient in English and Chinese
- Well vested with Microsoft Office and Excel
The policy and advocacy intern will receive a fixed daily allowance, with the tentative starting date in mid-June. University students will be considered. Interested parties please send your full CV and cover letter to Human Resources Department, AIDS Concern at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Personal data collected will be kept confidential and be used for recruitment purpose only. All unsuccessful applications will be destroyed upon completion of the recruitment exercise.