AIDS Concern wants to see Hong Kong with ZERO new HIV infections, ZERO stigma for people living with HIV and ZERO AIDS deaths. To reach this target, we have opened a Testing Centre in Jordan where more people at risk of HIV can get tested and provided with information and support. The Centre also provides information and support services for people living with HIV.
We need a dedicated and passionate person who understands the importance of empowerment to help people make positive changes in their lives to join us as Social Worker / Counsellor within our Testing and Counselling service
This role will support the Testing and Counselling services of AIDS Concern by providing voluntary Counselling and testing (VCT) services, primarily in our Testing Centre and elsewhere as required, developing and implementing therapeutic interventions in response to clients' needs.
Key job duties:
1. Providing VCT services to gay and bisexual men, youth and heterosexual men
2. Providing counselling for the wellbeing of clients in terms of sexual health and mental health
3. Provide training and coaching to VCT workers to ensure the quality of VCT
We are seeking candidates who are/have
- Degree holder or above in either social work / counselling or social science disciplines
- 3-years plus experience in social work/counselling (candidates with less experiences can apply for the post of Assistant Prevention Officer)
- Candidate who is familiar with sexual health, gay culture is preferred;
- Sound coaching and counselling skills to provide professional services to our clients
- Experience in providing service or counselling to people living with HIV or diverse communities preferred
- Open minded, good team player able to form collaborations among various stakeholders
- Self-motivated with clear goal to meet the needs of the community AIDS Concern serves
- Proficient in English and Chinese (written and spoken)
- Well vested in Microsoft office and knowledge on design software a plus
- Willing to work outside normal work hours as required
We provide a warm, friendly and motivated working atmosphere, performance-based reward and career development opportunities. The right candidate will have real passion to develop a long-term career with NGO and serve the community. It will also be someone with good leadership and coaching skills for supporting junior and less experienced colleagues.
Our fringe benefits package will include MPF, Medical Scheme, 5-day working week, public holidays, 15-days annual leave and training opportunities.
Interest parties please send your full CV, with current and expected salary, and availability by quoting the job reference TCSW with a covering letter explaining your suitability to the position and write a short article on:
“What are the needs of people with high risk of HIV infection? How can a counselor engage them to tackle their need?”
To Human Resources Department, AIDS Concern at firstname.lastname@example.org